PLANTARS WARTS: And Healing IN THE New Age Of Consciousness By Ted Cantu

There is a scientific answer for everything. If you don’t believe me ask a scientist. I am not one of those people. I actually got D’s in high school growing up in the East Coast. I had to get the answers from life through a totally different source…. And that is faith. That is the best way to set up this story. Only it’s not a story because this really happened. In any case I will try my best to tell it to you the way it happened.

I was a sickly kid growing up. I had kidney trouble in the 1970’s. Back then doctors gave you lots of penicillin and oddball fortune cookie logic. Let me cut to the crash – I almost died when I was four years old. As a kind of prevention of Bright’s Disease I was on the extended penicillin plan until I was about 12 years old. This did incredible damage to my immune system. I got sick a lot. I had epic flus and colds growing up as a kid. Some nights I had severe stomach pains so sharp I couldn’t straighten out my body. I would lie on the floor and or the couch – and scream. I don’t like to visit this scenario very often but it happened. My doctors had a sense of humor they called it growing pains.

Skip ahead a few years and I am in Junior High. We had to take mandatory swimming lessons in 7th grade and here is where the problems started to happen. On my left heel I noticed there were plantar’s warts. My doctors claimed I somehow caught them in a public pool. Since it was the early 80’s we never put two and two together. A more likely answer is that they were growing inside from bad blood and other fungal conditions. They were ugly, and from what I could tell viral. This condition grew into a small colony that would continue up into my adult years. By the time I was around 13 I got off the penicillin but I had become addicted to the pills I was taking. When I tried to cut myself off of them I noticed I would get dizzy and disoriented. I had to be taken off of them gradually until I didn’t notice any side effects. To make things somewhat worse I had flat feet which made these warts ever more persistent. We had tried every method to get rid of them. We used crèmes, gels, in house patient surgery sessions and acid covered patches. These tactics only offered temporary relief.

By the time I had reached early adulthood I had a very identifiable problem on my hands. These blasted things would not go away. That is when we started to go to a foot doctor to get them cleaned up. They used to try to use dry ice of some kind and freeze them off. Another useless tactic would be to dig at them and then bandage up my foot. Neither of these methods proved to be effective. Within weeks they would persistently grow back and form a hardened crust encompassing my heel. If anything we were disturbing the condition and making it get worse.

There are memories I would like to erase but I will expose them to you. I might be able to reach someone who is experiencing the same hopelessness and dread that I faced daily. When I was in college I submitted myself to laser surgery. This was done inside a clinic and I should have made arrangements for transportation. I took the bus back and forth to the doctors office which was insane. The bandage on my foot was soon soaked in blood as I walked to the bus stop. On the way home I remember walking under the highway to cross Washtenaw Avenue. I almost passed out from the blood loss and I was getting dizzy. Still, I continued my journey until I reached my home.

As you know these things are stubborn and they grew back once again leaving me even more confused than ever. This continued throughout my travels as I moved from Chicago to New York and Connecticut. I was worried I would have these for the rest of my life.

I had a brief advertising stint in Stamford, CT and I worked as a freelance art director putting together print campaigns and websites. I had insurance and once again I confronted this problem that I experienced all of my life. I decided to go see a foot doctor and once again he began carving into my heel and digging out the plantars warts in my heel. We would bandage them up and he would send me back off into the world. I would visit him every two weeks for treatment and we were getting nowhere fast. During one of my visits he pulled my aside and made a bizarre recommendation. The deal was that he was going to lop off my heel essentially making me a cripple for the rest of my life. He assured me that this was the only way to effectively handle this problem once and for all.

True story. He was going to cut my foot off.

I have always been rebellious my entire life. I never listened to anybody. This was absurd to me. I told him I would think about it and then I left his office. I had no family around me and when I left his office it was one of those isolated lonely moments. The sky was black and it was in November and I had to take the long drive back home to my apartment in Fairfield. My heart was full of dread and fear and I had a lot to think about. Getting my foot hacked off was not in the realm of possibility for me. I knew I had to do something else.

Now I don’t want to get religious on you so I will just tell you straight. I had to see God. No middle men or priests. Just me and my creator. I wanted to get some straight communication and for the life of me I couldn’t see his face in the city. I couldn’t see it on the highway. To find God --- at least then, on my journey…. I only knew of one place where I could reach him…. And that was the ocean. I lived just blocks from the Long Island Sound and I knew that if I could reach that beach and walk on that sand I would be in his presence. For the enlightened I apologize and know now that you can reach God from anywhere in the world but this is my experience.


One Saturday I walked up and down Fairfield beach. Just getting there was a problem. You see you had to do this red tape thing and get a sticker just to get into the parking lot over there. You had to pay this annual fee and for some reason you had to be a home owner or something. I remember that there was some ridiculous policy in place that prevented people from just going to the beach. There was another ordinance in place that would tow your car. So I parked on a side street under some bushes and hoofed it down to the beach. I was on a mission.

I made it to the sand and I sighed a breath of relief. I could smell the ocean salts off the powerful wind as it rolled to me from across the waves. God was in the house. I could feel his presence. I could feel the might in the waves and the depths of his awesome power. I prayed. I welcomed myself and then I just talked frankly. Now it’s been a number of years and I cannot remember exactly everything I said but it was along this tone…..  I told him that I was suffering greatly. I also told him that I didn’t believe that he put us here to suffer and that I believed that this couldn’t be part of his grand design. I simply refused to believe it. I respected my doctors but disagreed with them wholeheartedly.  I asked for assistance and I allowed myself to be a vehicle for his glory. The wind kicked up and I knew there was a response. I had been heard and my heart was full. Even if there was no help or healing I was comfortable knowing that I had been heard. I could feel this magnetic vibe and I was secure in my impressions. I thanked him for listening and walked back to my car started it up and drove home.

That night – I’ll never forget what happened – this is where I will lose many of you if I haven’t already. It is going to get a little strange. I used to live on top of this old Chinese restaurant in Fairfield, CT on Black Rock Rd. I am not going to sugar coat it I loved that apartment but it was a little creepy. I had the top apartment in that building and it sat on top of another apartment with the restaurant down below. It looked like Fagin’s place from Oliver Twist. It had multiple rooms and there were times when I got bad vibes on the place. In fact, looking back on it I am pretty certain this place was haunted to some extent. But it was my home and I made the best of it.

I went to sleep and when I went into dreamland the lights came up. It was like as bright as the sun and maybe even brighter. It wasn’t quite like daylight. There was no blue sky. I could only see a yellowish blinding bright light and there was a bright sun. There was a ripple of sound that sounded like ocean waves and it was peaceful. They came rolling in and crashing before they rolled back on the shore. I could not see the beach but I could hear it and it was definitely close. I listened close and you could hear an audible voice in there and it was deep, honest, and penetrating. I focused and I could understand words but I had to really concentrate. The more I concentrated on this voice the clearer it became. Now this voice never identified itself to me but I knew immediately in my heart who it was. This was the big man himself and he was saying something.

“Show me your heel…..” he said. I saw a big giant see through hand come down out of the blinding yellowish light. This wasn’t a question it was a commandment. The hand was see through but there was a bluish tint to it and it was pointing. There was no body behind that hand and I couldn’t make out a face and this is what I said….  “I am afraid to… I am embarrassed of my foot, it isn’t clean”. Those were the words I used as if I were a leper. God paused and then the loud crashing waves came forth and I could hear more words within them. “Let me see your heel….”, he said.  So I produced my foot and showed him my heel and I noticed there were no plantar’s warts on it or lesions of any kind. The foot looked completely new, refreshed and healed. I was amazed.

I asked, “When am I going to have this? When I am 50?” God didn’t give me an exact answer. After a brief pause he said, “Follow me….”. Now it has been over ten years since this happened and I don’t remember this conversation word for word so please forgive me. I don’t want to misspeak against the Almighty or get this wrong because this really happened. The light faded and I drifted away back into normal dreaming. He was gone. I woke up around 5Am and it was still dark outside. I walked around in my empty apartment and ended up in the kitchen and made coffee. “It was just a dream” I told myself. From there I went on with my day as if nothing happened. But the dream stayed with me…. What was he really saying? Follow me….. and how come he didn’t give me a direct answer?


I took a day trip to Manhattan. Usually I would go into the city and see the Guggenheim and catch the latest art exhibit or I would swing down to Little Italy for some clams and pasta. I would go into St. Marks Place and SOHO just to catch something exciting. Sometimes getting a cab outside of Grand Central Station was easy but actually getting anywhere was impossible because you would get stuck in traffic. You were much better off walking at least to Times Square to catch a ride. On this particular day I decided to walk because I wasn’t in any kind of hurry and really I had no idea where I was going to.

It was my day off and I was going to cut through Times Square and Chelsea and then maybe catch a cab up to Christopher Street and hit a Jewish deli. That was my objective. I get to 35th street and realized I was walking more than I had anticipated and then I froze dead in my tracks….. Across the street was a juice shop. It was on the corner of a busy intersection. There was a line of people coming in the back door and exiting out the front. The store was busy and crammed with people to the max. The people were coming in the back door at a steady pace. Inside there were some Middle Eastern men from what I could tell and they were working these gigantic silver colored metal juicers. They were putting in big chunks of melon and pineapple and green apples in there and fresh juice was pouring out into big plastic party cups. These juices were about $5 and up. People were walking out with them and smiling to one another. I was mesmerized.

There was a big sign outside of this joint. And it wasn’t the name of the business. From what I could tell this place had no name. The sign was something I had never seen before and here is what it said….. It was a chart for ailments and next to each ailment was a juicing cure….


… and this list went on and on. It was a whole menu of options and I was trying to process this and take it in. I was floored actually. I thought to myself that it couldn’t be this simple. And yet there it was. For every ailment there was a juice combination to restore the human body back into perfect balance and alignment.  These people were all in on the biggest secret of our lives. They knew health. The business men that ran the joint knew it and so did their customers. They were all in on it. I was the outsider trying to get the straight dope. I was bewildered. I was a fan and I wanted in.

I promised myself that I would make my way in there once the line died down. I was going to hit this place when I came back. But you know New York. Sometimes if you don’t grab something the first time it might not be there when you get back. As it turned out I made it down to the Financial District and had tired myself out and ended up taking a cab back to Grand Central. I bypassed the juice shop. I wasn’t worried. I was promised myself that I was going to hit it the following week when I returned.

But a funny thing happened the following week when I returned. That busy juice shop had closed. When I got closer and inspected the storefront it looked like that store had been closed for quite some time. The windows were all boarded up and there was no sign that anybody had even occupied that space. I mean there was dirt in the windows and the glass looked really filthy. How could this place look so deserted in just a weeks time. There was no signs that this place was even open. The stoop was filthy and dirt was around the door jams and that’s when it hit me. Maybe I had somehow imagined the whole thing. Maybe I had seen some sort of ghostly mirage or some kind. I mean…. I never did cross the street to physically investigate the place up close. I only admired it from across the street. Did I imagine this whole thing…?


I went on with my life. I tried to live like everybody else. I told myself it was just a dream and not an actual vision from the heavens. That would make me crazy wouldn’t it? I mean who is going to believe in that looney tune of a story?  I lived alone back then and on nights I couldn’t sleep I would watch TV or read until I got bored enough to go to bed. That night I found a juicer commercial and instead of turning the channel I watched it. This was Jay the Juiceman and I was impressed with what I was watching. I was tired of feeling tired and the idea of drinking fresh juice sounded like a great way to get some great energy into my body. So I did something that night that I never ever do. I actually picked up my phone and ordered a brand new juicer for my apartment. It didn’t cost a fortune and it felt good to do something good for myself.

I had the juicer sent to my advertising office where I worked. It came in a big box. The UPS guy came right up to my office and dropped it off and I had to sign for it. As you can imagine this was met with jeers from my nosy coworkers. When the office mates found out it was a juicer I became a magnet for insults. I heard things like, “You think you’re better than everybody…..”. And, “Oh you believe in THAT stuff?”. To this day I can’t even tell you any of their names because I have forgotten most of them. It was important that I stay on track with this story.

I remember around that time I lost my job. Something happened and we did a major cast change in my old agency. Things worked out for me because I wanted out of there anyways. The timing was right because it was the Fall season and that is a busy time in the advertising world. If you want to switch studios or jump gigs that is the perfect time to do it. I found myself working back in New York City the following week on a temporary assignment.

I had to get up early and start job hunting again so I started to juice. Mostly to lose some weight and to get re-energized. That was my original plan. I heard that the best way to get things moving was to get your pancreas flushed out and I read up on what kinds of juices were needed to do that. Along with carrots I figured out that parsley was a great form of chlorophyll and could clean out the blood and get things pumped up. So I started out my days juicing this mixture of carrots, green apple, celery, beet and a small handful of parsley. I had no expectations. I made sure I did about three of these a day and I could feel my energy get better. I noticed I wasn’t eating nearly as much and I felt more energized. I wouldn’t even take any naps during this period. I cut out coffee and was eating fresh salmon and salads only. That was my diet pretty much. I was feeling good about myself.

I even started jogging at the gym on the treadmill and then I noticed a funny thing. I could literally last for about 45 minutes on it without taking any breaks. This was unusual for me. I noticed I was getting stronger too in other ways. I could climb stairs without getting tired and walk great distances without getting winded. Every day I was increasing in strength and I was at peace with myself. There was no anxiety or stress in my life. In fact the world around me was falling apart and everybody in it was having a trauma but me. I was …. Grounded? I never thought about that until now. You know when you juice all those root vegetables together a funny thing occurs. That juice is brown like the color of the Earth. I was putting the Earth back into my body.

Now in all of this I had a plantar’s wart on my right thumb. It was itching like crazy lately. And around the wart there was now a strange white ring of skin discoloration. You know I heard that juicing was a great way to clean your body out on a cellular level. I had read that in books. I also read that healing was spontaneous in the body at a cellular level. My goal in all of this was to clean myself out on a cellular level and get energy that’s it.

I was taking a steam bath in the gym and my thumb was itching again. I looked down at it and could see the white discoloration and noticed that the ring was getting bigger. There was more irritation. But this time the plantars wart on the tip of my thumb was getting smaller !!!

I was going through my mental notes and I was remembering the whole spontaneous healing theory again. And that is when it hit me to check my heel on my left foot to see if there was any change. To my amazement there was a big white ring of new skin cells around the cluster of plantars warts on my heel. Now it was going to take a long time no doubt but I could see that it was healing. The miracle was happening just like in my vision. My heart was on fire and I knew that I had connected successfully with the Divine and that my deepest wish was coming true. I was getting healed…..

I remembered that parsley had the purest form of chlorophyll and that it carried oxygen into the blood and could penetrate tumors. I had read this somewhere and that it could literally bust them apart. I was attacking this problem with biology, science and on an atomic cellular level. Not bad for a kid who brought home C’s and D’s on his report cards. I was connected through an upper higher power and I was invigorated with this good news.

It took about three weeks maybe a little more but I was completely healed. In fact, when I looked down at my heel the warts were completely gone. There was no trace that I had even had surgery on that heel. There were no scars. You can’t even tell I was ever cut with a knife down there or had my heel gouged out. It is as smooth as a baby’s skin and it is healed and rejuvenated.

God showed up and he delivered. Praise God.


I called my doctors office and told him what I had done. I wanted to tell him to tell the world about my story so we could help others. This is me being naïve and from Michigan. You see, I wanted to help people and get them better. That is bad for business and could very likely put this foot doctor out of business. He is a high profile foot doctor even has A list Hollywood clients. He had pictures of the cast of Star Trek The Next Generation on his walls and some sports figures. But he probably wouldn’t have them very long if he took my healing advice and gave it out to the masses. Needless to say he never called back and we parted ways.

Here is what I did to flush out my pancreas and got the enzymes stirred up in my body. This also cleaned out my bowels and helped with elimination. I cleaned out my diet and pumped my body up with nutrients and pure energy.

The juice I did is as follows:

3- 5  Carrots
¼ of a Red Beet
2 Stalks of Celery
1 Whole Green Apple
Small Bunch of Parsley

Throw these ingredients into a juice hopper of your choice. I like to use the Juiceman Juicer. I have done this on a Jack LaLane Juicer too. Both of those can do parsley and other herbs because of the super fine blade on it.

Don’t baby yourself slug it all down. You should do 2 – 3 of these daily. To mix it up a bit don’t be afraid to juice some pineapple and celery. If you want to throw in some cucumber that is good too. That water inside the vegetable is pure and your cells will love it. Be generous with yourself. Produce is cheap compared to process foods. You are going to find that you will not eat as much. Your cells will be full of nutrition and you will lose the urge to eat heavy.

This is my personal story and events as experienced by myself in the late 1990’s.

Remember to give thanks to the Universe, or your creator, which ever you may believe and to live right.

With good blessings and healing for all,


Ted Cantu
May 2014

** I am not a doctor by any means and this is not to replace medical advice. This may not work for everybody and this is my own personal true story. If you are suffering from any kind of chronic medical condition by all means seek treatment. This article is not meant to diagnose or treat any kind of irregular order of the human body.


Natural Remedies For Plantars Warts and Healing In The Age Of Consciousness.
Juicing and Healing The Body Naturally.




“A VISUAL ASSAULT: REM Dissected Scene By Scene

The bottom video was shot in 1989 and is the closest thing I could find to what the original show opener was like in 1987. This was a departure for REM as much as it was for the audience. Just when you thought you knew the band they changed on you in a new and exciting way. It would take some time to recognize them once again. In the case of, “Document” the album had to grow on me. I noticed this sort of thing happening with the Smiths too.

There was one sequence in the video, not shown in this edition, when the words – “Want” and “Need” come on screen. The words flipped interchangeably and morphed into a strobe that said, “Need Weed” and I remember the crowd going a bit wild over that. This was Ann Arbor after all. There is some talk about the set list being accurate. I do not believe, “Orange Crush” or “Pop Song 89” was performed in 1987. Those songs were released after REM went to Warner Brothers. “Document” was the last album created under the I.R.S. Records label.

There is another version of, “The One I Love” done on the live tour. Stipe starts out with a slow intro and for a minute I thought the whole song would be done slow. It then kicks into the tempo we all know. The stage was also bathed in an eerie red light. How this song got perceived as a love song I’ll never know. It was about a sick love obsession.

Over the years I hear the young kids go, “Oh who cares about that stuff, REM was long before my time.” Trust me, you wish you were there. This show was nothing but historic.

REM in 1987 and the Birth of Alternative Radio in Ann Arbor, Michigan - Crisler Arena >>>>>



Home :: Movie Reviews :: Riot Fest 2014 :: Queen + Adam Lambert Rock You :: Detroit Rock Scene Goes Retro ::
Remembering Lou Reed :: Echo and the Bunnymen in Detroit :: sitemap ::

©2014 Hot Metro Finds, LLC, All rights reserved